Like Amy's Page
- Class Size. Studies have proven that smaller class size increases student achievement. I will continue to prioritize class size as a key goal so that all our children can learn in appropriate classes as enrollment grows.
- Breadth of Programs. Our city is fortunate to offer a broad range of opportunities including academic courses and extracurricular activities. I am committed to continuing these efforts in order to serve all our students.
- Facilities. We must continue to re-build and renovate our facilities as quickly as feasible, bringing all of our buildings into the 21st century.
- Social Emotional Learning. Expanding our Social Emotional Learning and Mental Health initiatives must remain a key priority.
- Oversight. Effective oversight of the Superintendent and School Department finances. I have meaningful experience working with budgets, understanding trade-offs in balancing budgets, and making difficult decisions.
- Special Education. Early assessment and intervention have proven to meaningfully impact the success of our children. In order to provide the best education to all our children we must continue with in-house programs as well as early assessment and intervention.
- Communications. As a journalist I know it’s critical to have two-way communications with parents and all residents in Newton. I want to hear from you!